Our official church launch service is only 16 days away, and I could use some help. For those of you that know me, that’s a big ask. I’m the type that usually tries to do everything myself and never asks anyone for assistance. When it works, it’s awesome. When it doesn’t work, I whine, and gripe, and complain. I don’t want to whine, and gripe, and complain this time. I want to be happy, praise God, and rejoice in what we’re able to do together.
So, this is me, out of character.
- I need some help with the wish list for the launch. (You can follow the link to see that post).
- I need help with a major cleaning and minor redecorating of my office to get it church-worthy. It’s not a huge task, just a couple of hours with a couple of people.
- I need some funding, not a lot, but enough to keep us secure. Right now, the church is operating as a very lean start-up. Our operating budget is built only on the tithes from my family for the past month. It’s not much. My goal would be to have at least $1000 in the bank as a cushion and use everything else for projects and opportunities. We don’t have that cushion yet.
- I’d love to get our signs paid for. The bill for basic signage to point people to the church is around $300. We have enough money to cover it, but I’d rather use that for our first project. My friend Brent Tatum at Wraps Ink is doing these for us. He’s actually working on them right now. He’s done a lot of work for my dad’s business and is an awesome sign guy!
- I want the number of visitors at the church to outnumber my family of five, so please tell a person or two about us.
- I need your support. Maybe this is just normal for a Pastor or maybe it’s just me. Right now I feel like I’m doing this all by myself. I really need your kudos, your prayers, and your encouragement.
That’s all I can think of right now. I’m sure I’ll ask for more in the future.