On Sunday I asked the crew to make a list of things I said or did that would get them kicked out of a normal church. Here’s one of the lists…
- Mentioned Dumbledore and Harry Potter in a good way
- Good coffee in the service and allowed to drink it in the auditorium (auditorium is a loose word for where we meet)
- Coloring pages and crayons for the adults and kids
- People, including the Pastor, wear Punisher and Darth Vader shirts
- No opening prayer (oops)…nevermind. Later in service.
- Sevendust song in video we played
- Pastor discusses his six pack, or the lack thereof
- Plays a worship song by a Jewish singer
Other lists included…
- Tattoos are welcome
- People wear flip flops and shorts
- Kids are in the main service with the adults
- Our pews are couches
- Half-naked men are used on slide shows
And this was just one service.
We’re not normal, but we don’t want to be. We’re non-traditional because that’s what God has called us to.